Sunday, August 16, 2009

Introduction



I dumped my winter clothes out on my bed this
morning because I needed the container.

Clothing Cast. Awesome.



I started thinking about why I continue to want to make art and what inspires me to do so. Three quotes came to mind.

“A plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit.”
-Kurt Vonnegut

"It's not about winning or losing, it is about sharing"
-Chef Anita Lo, Season 1 Top Chef Masters Contestant

" Sometimes I like the artist's preliminary work/sketches better than the final piece of art"
-Beth Schaible, while the two of us were recently snooping through
artists' studios at Penland School of Arts and Crafts

My intention is to share stuff that inspires me and how it informs my art making.
Stick around, you will probably like this blog better than my art.




No comments:

Post a Comment