Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Don't Mess with Texas


Growing up in Texas, I never noticed how much pride people had for their state. I thought getting a tattoo of one's state on an arm or ankle was a common thing. I thought big malls, big hair and big personalities were just the way it was.
Now, I know my mom would chime in right now, if she heard me saying this, and tell me "that is not what everyone does, or how everyone lives and is in Texas!", and this is true, but it is a contrast to what I know and observe here.
So, I'm going to visit my parents and my sister's family for a week, and if you have any requests (a cowboy hat, a Dallas Cowboy jersey, or some longhorns, for example) give me a shout out in the comments below, and I'll do my best.

2 comments:

  1. I miss going to the Fiesta supermarkets. I think that's what they're called... We used to go when visiting family in Houston.

    ReplyDelete