Monday, July 5, 2010

With a little help from my friends...

Lynette Spencer (new friend, papermaker/bookbinder) and I road-tripped up to Rosendale, NY last week to install my exhibition. We hammered it out in record time, leaving time to play around in New Paltz, have dinner with Ann and Tanya, and snoop around Hudson Valley Materials Exchange, before we had to head back to hot Washington, DC.
Thanks Lynette, you're the best!

Above--Lynette is hanging my paper branches over the stairwell. Just looking at this picture makes me uneasy.


Transmutations in Paper
by Gretchen Schermerhorn
Women's Studio Workshop, Rosendale, NY
July 2-August 2, 2010


Here are some more pictures of the installation







4 comments:

  1. gretchen, i just love your new work. your installation looks amazing. congratulations. can't wait to see it in person (well, the components, anyway - when it's back in silver spring!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. gretchen, it's great to see these all come together. they look so good i could eat 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, I think that is the best compliment I've ever received!

    ReplyDelete